UK FloodSax – Reliable and High Quality Sandless SandBag 無沙 檔水防洪沙包
Automatic inflated when soaked in water or other liquid in 3 to 5 mins.
FloodSax have two primary functions:
- Flood defence and liquid diversion.
- Spillage and absorption pad
FloodSax began with British Army:
FloodSax were designed by Richard Bailey who has more than 20 years experience as a manufacturer and supplier of emergency equipment and has earned a global reputation with the emergency services and the British Ministry of Defence.
The idea was sparked when the British Army’s bomb disposal experts wanted an easily portable alternative to sandbags, so Richard devised the BlastSax for them. A Royal Navy test result conducted: “The use of BlastSax" to provide protection to Bomb Disposal personnel while preparing detonators proved to be highly effective.
FloodSax are an innovative self-inflating flood defence system to control the damage due to flooding and control liquid movement.
We also called FloodSax as Sandless Sandbag because there is no sand.
The semi-porous inner liner contains hundreds of absorbent crystals which absorb water 90% capacity in just 3 to 5 mins. Once the water is in there, it stays there and the bags act like sandbags to keep floods at bay.
What makes FloodSax the Market Leaders?
Over the years they have tested varying types of Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) content in the FloodSax and they use a human safe, hospital safe Hysorb 70 polymer to ensure safety. They have arrived at an optimum amount which balances correct and even energization while obtaining minimum liquid retention.
The have tried numerous methods of inserting the internal composition part of the FloodSax and finally achieved a unique, and what we now know to be the best method. This led us to gain the patent on our product FloodSax in over twenty countries.
Unique Selling Points compare with the traditional Sandbag:
- Light weight
- Will inflate/activate in 3 to 5 mins
- Can be transported easily. (Weight for each FloodSax only 0.39 kg)
- Allow for Rapid Deployment.
- Will absorb many different types liquids not just water.
- Once activated FloodSax will remain inflated for at least 7 days.
- Unique and Patented.
- Will not leak polymer gel.
- One case of 20 FloodSax weighing 9.5 kilos is equivalent to 400 kilos of sand.
- Will divert liquid flows.
- Can be built into a wall up to a meter high.
- Can be placed in pipes and toilets to block off any flows.
- Massive carbon offset saving.